This diagnostic tool is used with kind permission from ATSAC.
Answer the questions by clicking on the slide before the number, it will calculate your score for you.
None of the answers are sent through or stored anywhere, this is just to help you.
You will see that reference is made in the questions to ‘sexual behaviour’. This may include any of the following:
1. Does your sexual behaviour have a negative impact on other areas of your life such as relationships, work, finances, health, professional status?
2. Does your sexual behaviour contradict your personal values and potentially limit your goals in life?
3. Have you repeatedly tried to limit your sexual behaviour or stop it all together, but failed?
4. Are you more tempted to engage in sexual behaviour when you’re experiencing difficult feelings such as stress, anxiety, anger, depression or sadness?
5. Are you secretive about your sexual behaviours and fearful of being discovered?
6. Do you feel dependent on your sexual behaviour and struggle to feel fulfilled with any alternative?
7. Have you noticed that you need more and more stimuli or risk in order to achieve the same level of arousal and excitement?
8. Do you find yourself struggling to concentrate on other areas of your life because of thoughts and feelings about your sexual behaviour?
9. Have you ever thought that there might be more you could do with your life if you weren’t so driven by your sexual pursuits?
10. Do you feel as if your sexual behaviour is out of your control?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to 5 or more of the above questions you may benefit from making an appointment to see a sex addiction therapist for a full assessment and to discuss the best treatment approach for you.